Friday, April 16, 2010

Bad experience during my medical check up

I went for my insurance medical check up on 15 of april, i went there with my mum, as the appt time have not reached yet which is 11am at Northeast medical centre located at pioneer. I was asked to fill up a medical form before seeing the doctor

Finally the clock clicked to 11am, I went in for my check up with my mum, when I stepped in the door, reached the doctor table, the doctor started to question mi why I filled the medical form questions all no when I answered correct, all no to the questions, but she asked back " Do you know what is Cerebral palsy" I said I was a permature baby and the fall at birth caused mi to have this condition, But she rebuked that it is a disease from the brain and is musculoskeletal disorder , that is when my anger flared up, I said that my condition is just as i said earlier, i even showed her my occupational therapist letter indicating that my condition is Cerebral Palsy. She said this letter is not counted as occupational therapist is not a doctor.

Then she asked mi to do normal movements , I was doing fine but when she asked mi to put my right hand straight, i said cannot as i had injured my right hand before. That was when I cried because I never been so insulted in my whole life by a doctor.

The rest of the checkup went smoothly after my arguement with the doctor.

No comments: